Many Filipinos are now connected thru the use of the internet. Facebook, twitter, Instagram and other social media users are now growing very fast because this is the fastest way to connect with your friends or relatives wherever they are in the part of the world. Conversely, have you asked yourself once how you can earn an extra income thru social media and the internet? Do you know that while most people are using social media and internet to be entertained and get updated, there are a bunch people who are earning from it? They are using this business strategy which we call “digital marketing”. This is where you market your products or services using the internet which includes social media, email, mobile phones and any other digital medium.
This is what our guest today will share his expert advice about digital marketing. He’s been studying digital marketing before there were job posts on job portal sites like JobStreet.com for a “Digital Marketing Manager”. His name is Nix Eniego who is a modern day digital marketer, social media and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) geek, an inbound marketer and a NBA Knicks fan. Aside from his full-time position as a marketing head of Sprout Solutions (a tech startup in Philippines), he coaches students who wanted to learn digital marketing. He also speaks in big events discussing the same topic that I’ve mentioned.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Nix shared his story when he was young selling and trading NBA cards that helped him earning decent amount of money.
- How he discovered digital marketing that led him to start his own company.
- His Silicon Valley experience and how top companies there like Uber or Airbnb posted ads in social media that we can learn from.
- The no. 1 skill that you need to have to help you earn money online. It’s not that complicated as you think.
- What is an SEO (Search Engine Optimization)? How SEO will help your business to grow online.
- The 3 basics of SEO that you can implement right away to get more traffic from your website.
- His experience starting a digital marketing company during his college days.
- Tips and advice for aspiring and startup entrepreneurs who want to use digital marketing to their business.
- In the Philippines, he shared the best platform that you can advertise online.
- Nix shared one of the top tips in advertising in social media that really worked.
- His vision of digital marketing in the Philippines from a selfish and complainer teenage guy to a dreamer adult.
- And many more…
Words of wisdom:
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
“Don’t underestimate the power of knowledge.” - Nix Eniego
Links and Resources:
3 Effortless Social Media Growth Hacks by Nix Eniego: https://goo.gl/i9DL2I
Gary Vaynerchuk’s books: Crush it, Jab Jab Jab Right-hook, etc.
Nix’s Facebook link: www.facebook.com/nixeniego
Upcoming workshop on June 2017: Digital Marketing Bootcamp
Check-out the complete details and more resources here:
If you enjoyed the show, please leave a Review and Ratings in iTunes.
Contact me if you want to connect with me or you have any concern at firstname.lastname@example.org