Nowadays, job security has been long gone because technology can replace human skills at anytime. Globalization and outsourcing are also a big risk because any company can outsource their labors in any country to save costs and happily to let you go. This is why it is highly recommended for you to have another source of income while having a day job and you can do it thru side business and investing.
Billy Ramirez is a blogger and financial literacy advocate. He has two blogs related to his passion and skill. He started his blogs to earn extra income while having a day job. When he got laid, his side online business helps to compensate their daily expenses and with the help of his spouse. He is still continuing to grow his online business while babysitting their first baby at home.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- How Billy got laid off in his BPO job
- Whats the importance of emergency fund
- Why financial literacy is very important for every Filipino
- How did he start a blog and earn from it
- Why giving value is the best approach in any business
- Why investing in yourself is very important to build wealth
- Finding your niche market is a good strategy in business
- Smart strategy before creating a product so you won't waste your time and money
- How Billy earned 5-figure in his first e-Book without any expenses
- Why technology and internet is a game-changer in business
- What are the challenges that he encountered when he is starting out
- And many more...
Words of wisdom:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " - Mark Twain
"Get out of your comfort zone." - Billy Ramirez
Link and Resources:
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Four hour work-week by Tim Ferriss
- Check out his personal finance blog www.thinkpesos.com
- His CCNA network blog at www.ccnaphilippines.com
Check-out the complete details and more resources here:
If you enjoyed the show, please leave a Review and Ratings in iTunes.
Contact me if you want to connect with me or you have any concern at email@example.com